Старая форма входа
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]

• Страница 1 из 1
Модератор форума: Калинин, soldat-52, Issandra, Северный_копарь  
Форум » Обсуждения » Общие вопросы » Иконы с узором на обороте: Огненное восхождение пророка Илии
Иконы с узором на обороте: Огненное восхождение пророка Илии
tizizanoДата: Суббота, 29.05.2021, 13:12 | Сообщение # 1
Активный участник форума
Награды: 0
Статус: Оффлайн
In my opinion, the presence of a decoration on the back of the icon is a fascinating aspect of Russian metalloplastics.I have been dealing with this topic for some time. The meaning of the decoration on the back is not always clear but I believe that in general it is possible to distinguish a symbolic or simply decorative meaning. I know of the existence of a book dedicated to this topic. The author is Mr. Kharlamov (figure 1). This book has occasionally been discussed in this forum ( http://mednolit.ru/forum/4-52563-1 ) and others (https://www.icon-art.info/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=94089.%C2%A0).For me this book is impossible to consult. However I would like to dedicate a space to the decoration on the back of the icon of the prophet Elijah, quite popular subject in the metallic icon.In its widest measure (cm 14-15 max x 12-12,5 min) there are three variants regarding the frame:1. smooth and flat (figure 2)2. in squares (figure 3)
  • in relief (figure 4)
    From the personal observation of over a hundred of these icons, the decoration on the back can be present on the icons with a smooth / flat frame or in small squares, but never in relief. The presence of the tree of life back decoration was found in just over 22% of all the icons analyzed.Mr. Kharlamov describes 7 different types of decoration (). to date I have found only 6 which I report together with the corresponding front image (figures from to).Finally I would like to focus on the meaning of this decoration: it is clearly the tree of life.We believe it is not difficult to imagine why this decoration is so frequently found combined with the icon of the fiery ascent of the Prophet Elijah: the purity of his life and the dedication with which he placed himself at the service of God were rewarded by freeing him from death and opening his gates of Heaven: an example for the believer to imitate.I think it is important to consider whether to integrate the catalog considering this particular aspect of the icon of Prophet Elijah.I await corrections, comments and suggestions.Thanks to all of them who will have the patience to read.
    Прикрепления: 9185322.jpg (451.0 Kb) · 8572057.jpg (385.8 Kb) · 6007151.jpg (439.4 Kb) · 9028036.jpg (440.1 Kb)
  •  
    tizizanoДата: Суббота, 29.05.2021, 13:35 | Сообщение # 2
    Активный участник форума
    here you can find the various types of decoration
    Прикрепления: 1011084.png (76.3 Kb) · 4247253.png (92.5 Kb)

tizizanoДата: Суббота, 29.05.2021, 13:36 | Сообщение # 3
    Активный участник форума
    types 3 and 4
    Прикрепления: 0459169.png (98.8 Kb) · 3413079.png (100.7 Kb)

tizizanoДата: Суббота, 29.05.2021, 13:37 | Сообщение # 4
    Активный участник форума
    Types 5 and 6
    Прикрепления: 1884785.png (68.9 Kb) · 3780394.png (81.4 Kb)

Форум » Обсуждения » Общие вопросы » Иконы с узором на обороте: Огненное восхождение пророка Илии
    • Страница 1 из 1
    Поиск: